Translation/Localization Project Manager - Remote - Global
The Translation/Localization Project Manager will work with clients to manage the timely flow of all localization project activity from start to finish. This includes defining the scope with clients, ensuring project quality, and managing budget expectations. Candidates welcome within or outside the United States.
Vocalink Global is seeking an experienced and driven candidate that demonstrates leadership in these categories:
- Strong client relationship management skills.
- Serve as primary day-to-day contact for clients.
- Plan and monitor projects to meet deadline, quality and budget requirements.
- Scoping and quoting projects.
- Organize client/linguist production reviews.
- Collaborate with internal production to initiate and implement procedural changes and customized workflows.
- Provide support and input to sales and external clients, including education about the localization process, as required.
- Ensure the accuracy of financial project data, workflows, schedules and processes.
- Responsible for financials, including revenue, revenue forecasting and billings.
- Resolve questions and issues in a timely and effective manner for clients and internal teams.
- Meet objectives and performance indicators.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- 3+ years translation/localization project management experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English; Bilingual/multilingual a plus
- Experience in CAT tools, Translation Management Systems (TMS), DTP tools, HTML/XML
- Experience with design tools like Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of MS Office suite and project management/production tools
- Ability to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Strong customer service, negotiation, and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and leadership skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong innovative problem-solving skills
- Confidence in customer facing and during project challenges
- Bachelor's Degree
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Work performed as telecommuting (remote)
- Occasional trips to headquarters in Dayton, Ohio on an as-needed basis
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about facilities
- Communicate and build rapport with both internal and external clients
- Continued video communication through internal communication system